Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lovely Lavender Linen Spray

Hello my lovelies!!!

This will be a quick one.

My husband has a hard time sleeping at night, so while I was out running errands, he requested a lavender linen spray. When I came upon it in the drug store, for a small bottle, it was $5...yeah-no. I picked up a lavender scented candle...also $5. I was too discouraged to bother looking at all the pretty oil diffusers, so I just bought a couple of empty spray bottles and went home.

I figured 3 things while shopping:

1. drugstore retail prices are insane, next time I'll stick to my local grocery store.
2. I have lavender essential oil at home, so I'll just look for a linen spray recipe online
3. spray bottles are reusable, ergo cheaper, less chemicals and less waste produced

Enter Lavender Linen spray recipe

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (emulsifies the oil and water, blending them together)
15-20 drops lavender essential oil

(I needed a sweet smell to cut the edge of the alcohol and the lavender, so I experimented with a few drops of vanilla extract)

Mix in empty spray bottle and shake well before using, If the alcohol smell is too strong, cut with a few more drops of EO or extract) Its going to have a strong smell, but as long as you shake it, the alcohol evaporates quickly, leaving behind only the scent of EO and so far, we love it!

Make sure the spray bottle has a "mist" setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment